Tuesday, February 1, 2011

~ Dinner 5 Menu ~

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

For Dinner 5 we were keeping the weather forecasts in mind.. Thinking that something warming and yummo would be a great idea.. We also wanted to make something with a very under appreciated veggie: CABBAGE!! :)  Well after brainstorming to come up with an idea, we found a great recipe from www.tasteofhome.com.  I hope you guys love cabbage as much as Stacy and I do!  Get your air fresheners ready, it's bound to be a stinky kinda love going on in the kitchen for this meal!

We will be making Cabbage Patch Stew!!
My stomach is rumbling as I type! :)


1970's picture courtesy of tasteof home.com

For this recipe, you will need:
  • 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
  • 4 celery ribs, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 7 cups chopped cabbage
  • 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (28 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
  • 3 cups beef broth
  • 1 can (15 ounces) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
  • 2 medium carrots, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • Pepper to taste


Now see, doesn't that just look deelish!! :) Get ready for a belly full of warm hearty Cabbage Patch Stew!



Okay on to dessert... 
Now, mind you.. while skyping last night we spent a good amount of our time on an amazing site: www.thepioneerewoman.com. Now when we picked this dessert, I just about DIED when I saw the name of it.. I sent the link to Stacy and couldn't help but giggle waiting for her response.. this is where I happened to ventured upon a dessert called Pig Cake! I love it! I was soo excited when Stacy loved it too!!! :)


Pig Cake, photo by thepioneerwoman.com

I can't wait to make this! Partly because it's called Pig cake and partly because it looks soo yummy~

Here is what you will need:
yellow cake mix
a can of mandarin oranges
a stick of margarine or butter
four eggs
vanilla extract
vanilla pudding mix
powdered sugar
Cool Whip
a can of crushed pineapple

I know.. sounds daunting doesn't it! lol! This is a much simpler recipe than the Red Velvet Whoopie pies!




Lets get ready to get this dinner on the stove and in the oven!! :)
Can't wait to hear the feedback and tips and tricks for these recipes!
Happy Cooking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment