Saturday, January 29, 2011

~ Lynnette's Dinner 4 Results ~

Happy Saturday Morning Everyone!! :)

Hope that you are all doing well!
I apologize for taking a while to post my Dinner 4 results, I have been slightly under the weather. Well, to no avail, I have completed the wonderful task of cooking Dinner 4!


Mushroom Chicken....

So, it didn't photograph very well... but my tummy didn't mind!
 I have to tell you, for me this really would have had to taste like motor oil for me not to like it.. I mean it has some of my most favorite ingredients in it! Mushrooms and Cream Cheese! lol! Oh' Man, this did not disappoint! It was fantastic! I mean mouthwatering over the moon yummy goodness! I don't think that even gives it enough credit! I agree with Stacy 100% that this is now our replacement for Alfredo sauce..

I mean it was so incredibly easy to prepare. I'm down for any recipe that I can use my crock pot for! I did make a few modifications due to what I had on hand in my pantry and fridge. (Yeah, we are rebels!) First off, I sauteed a pre-washed pre-sliced package of baby  portabello mushrooms, as well as using brown gravy instead of chicken gravy.. (this did discolor the sauce- but did not ruin the flavor)  Ry liked it so much that he had 2 servings and Bean ate her entire serving with ZERO complaining!! :) I served mine over egg noodles because that's what I had on hand. I'm sure it would be wonderful regardless of what you select! :)

This gets a definite A++



Country Apple Dumplings

Oh boy, I was sooo excited for this one, as you probably noticed by the posting of the recipe! :)  I mean it has Mountain Dew TM in it for crying out loud!  I did not cook these the day I cooked my Mushroom Chicken. I decided to test them out on the unsuspecting students of my husbands class. They were having a cookout and I didn't want to show up empty handed, so I decided to bake these!


this was the part where I was a little unsure.. they didn't look very appetizing here...

I have to be totally honest, I didn't even get one!!! Those boys ate them right up! And the consensus from the peanut gallery was that they were simply amazing! Perfect about of bite to the apples, and not an overly sogginess (if that's even a word.. if not, I'm making it one now) from the soda pop.

There were a few tips that I did, that may help.. First off, after peeling, coring and slicing my apples I placed them in a chilled bowl with some lemon juice. This kept them from oxidizing and turning brown.  I also used a small rolling pin to roll out the crescent dough so that they were wide enough to completely cover the slice without tearing. In addition to those tips, instead of using 1 1/2 cup of white sugar, I used 3/4 cup white sugar, and 1/2 cup light brown sugar. It made 16 perfect little dumplings!

and when I pulled them out of the oven, that's when I was was certain they were going to be wonderful!


I will keep this recipe and bake it again! I may just have to half the recipe depending on who I make it for..

I give this recipe a firm A


I just love receiving facebook messages and emails letting us know that you have tried or are going to try any of the recipes that we have selected!! We hope that you are having as much fun as we are! So far this has been quite the fun little journey!

Can't wait til next week! I will post recipes Sunday night! Be on the look out!
Happy Cooking  Ya'll!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally starved right now, and this has sent me over the edge. I'm going to the comm and will be making this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these apple dumplings tonight. I halved the recipe and substituted all brown sugar. They were amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete