Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stacy's Kitchen- Dinner 3 RESULTS

Hello my fellow cooking friends! This dinner was definitely the comfort food of all comfort food! It's cold here in NC, about mid 20's, so a nice hot soup hits the spot for sure! Here is the run down on the recipe!


Cheeseburger Soup
Well, if any of you had Brian's first reaction, you're probably not
gung-ho on trying this one! When I told him what I was making, he said "maybe it's a pb&j night for me?" haha! Not quite, although, I did have peanut butter and jelly on standby!


To begin, I did read all the reviews before I started cooking. I was really worried on one of the reviews because it said it was similar to a potato soup, and B hates hates hates potato soup. So I went into this recipe with the mindset of making this more of a stoup (rachael ray term lol.. meaning a stew/soup) I doubled the hamburger meat to 1 lb. I browned up the meat with one whole yellow onion. I was confused on whether or not to drain the grease, as to the recipe didnt specify. I decided to just keep the grease, I used extra lean meat so there wasnt that much grease. Mixed in the basil and parsley according to the recipe and I added one can of chicken broth with one cup of water and 1 tsp of better than bouillon (my fav fav fave bouillon!... it's a little more pricey but DEF worth it!) I used red potatoes and I didnt cook it as long as the recipe stated, bc I did not want it to turn into mashed potatoes or even a creamy potato soup. I followed the rest of the recipe except I used half velveeta, half real cheddar. The results were DELICIOUS!! Brian even LOVED it! Say bye bye to the pb&j! It's a very hardy meal so you dont need to eat much else with it. It wasn't too cheesey and it came out exactly like I had hope... more of a stew-soup than a creamy soup. Yummy Yummy Yummy! It's quick and easy to make and most the ingredients are things we all already have in our pantries and fridges!


 I wasn't able to make the Dinner rolls because, again, I live in a small town and I could NOT find dry packets of yeast ANYWHERE! So I had to settle for some butter bread.... and it tasted just as great with the soup! I will definitely be making the rolls once i find those darn little packets! haha!

I will most definitely be making this again. I already wrote this recipe down in my cookbook, if that says anything! :)


rating: A+   Yummmmmmmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment